Pastoral team member
Youth Leader Position Description
In the new year, our current youth worker is moving to Melbourne, so we are seeking a new person with appropriate skills, qualifications, and Christian commitment to work on a part-time basis as part of a team ministry to further develop ministry to youth.
Canberra Baptist Church is a community of around 250 people. Our mission statement is ‘Building a vibrant and open community which is responsive to God’s love in Christ and committed to serving God and people’, and we have three goals—led by the Spirit, we will:
- explore together what it means to follow Jesus today,
- build an inclusive, caring community, and
- share God’s love and justice in words and actions.
We value the diversity represented in our community. We welcome and affirm followers of Jesus regardless of background, gender or sexuality and invite them to participate fully in the life of the Church.
Further details are at www.canbap.org
You have a demonstrated Christian commitment, a pastoral heart, a concern for social justice, and be a collegial worker. Applications from ordained ministers are encouraged but ordination is not required.
You can bring skills to our ministry team that will build its capacity to:
- Support youth in developing their faith as part of the CBC community
- Provide pastoral support to young people
- Develop strategies for expanding the Church’s ministry to youth
You are interested in part-time work.
What we offer you
- Join a small, passionate, dedicated team making a difference to people’s lives and the community
- Be part of a supportive community
- Flexibility in negotiating remuneration and work hours
- Professional development opportunities
To learn more about our church and this job opportunity, download the position description [attached/on our website]. Feel free to contact John Higgins – Church Secretary at email@example.com if you have any questions.
If you are interested, please send an expressions of interest, comprising a resume and covering letter of no more than 500 words, to firstname.lastname@example.org .